Frequently Asked Questions
What primary services do you offer?
We offer a variety of auctions that are tailored to fit the needs of our clients.
* Live Onsite Auctions- A single or multi day event centered around your assets.
The reliable (and our favorite) style of auctioning off items. Let us bring the buyers out to compete for your items in person.
* Online Auctions- Open your bidding audience up to the entire world by booking an online auction. This is best if you have a large, highly sought after collection of items or lack the space to have an in person live sale. Online auctions have really picked up in traffic since 2020 and we are seeing a large number of bidders showing up to each one.
* Simulcast Auctions- Best of both worlds! Great for large collections, guns, equipment and even Real Estate. This adds a modern twist on live auctions & expands your bidding audience to those who maybe couldn't make it because of work or other commitments.
* Appraisals- We offer Estate & Personal Appraisals. Our appraisals have been accepted in many local courts for various probate, estate & trust situations.
What do you specialize in?
We specialize in getting the best price for your assets.
* Real Estate
* Farm & Construction Equipment
* Collectibles, Households & More
Our team has spent years learning how to market your assets to reach the biggest audience. Let us find the buyers for you!
What are the rates of your services?
Just as we customize each auction to our clients needs, we also customize our commission rate & expenses for each client. Typically the higher in value your auction is the lower our commission percentage is.
Book a consultation with our lead auctioneer to get a quote.
Appraisals are billed at an hourly rate of $60 an hour and include:
* Market Research
* Appraisal Report
* Court Submission for Approval
Appraisals can vary in the time it takes to complete due to the size of the inventory. An average sized appraisal is typically billed at $250-$400.
Are you licensed and insured?
John P Ruckman holds an Ohio Auctioneers Licenses ( # 2010000097 ) and an Ohio Real Estate Licenses ( # SAL.2015003815 )
John K Ruckman holds an Ohio Auctioneers Licenses ( # 2011000010 )
The Ruckman Group holds a liability insurance policy through Griffin Insurance.